Print

Here's Proof That Nargis Fakhri Is The Most Non-Bollywood Bollywood Actress Around

NARGIS FAKHRI




In an industry of image-spinners working overtime with equally image-conscious stars, a conversation with Nargis Fakhri feels like a unique experience. She doesn’t really care. She doesn’t care about creating a perception that would help her get more work, or strategically say something that would translate into meetings with industry bigwigs.
By her own admission, she doesn’t have a social life in Mumbai. Uday Chopra is her closest friend. So is Varun Dhawan, whom she’s kept in touch with ever since they worked on David Dhawan’s Main Tera Hero (2014) together.
When HuffPost India met her for a chat at a studio in suburban Mumbai, she was struggling to let out the 'perfect' belch. We're happy to report that she succeeded in this endeavour.
But the point is: most actresses in this town wouldn’t appear in front of a journalist (forget doing something as natural as burping) unless their eye-shadow matched with the colour of their dress. In B-town, you’ve to be well-put together and abide by unwritten norms that dictate how a star should talk, look, and behave with the media.
Not Nargis. “It was bubbling inside me [the burp]. I had to get it out," she said. "Sparkling water, I tell you. But don’t mistake this for my character in Azhar (the upcoming biopic on former Indian cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin) — she’s very classy and elegant."
"Unlike me, of course," she added, with a giggle.

‘I always feel I don’t fit in’

  • Jigar Shah, Hindustan Times
  •   |   
  • Updated: Jun 06, 2016 10:56 IST


“Varun is such a nice person. He never hesitated in checking on me, and saying hello every now and then,” says Nargis Fakhri.

Mumbai
Nargis Fakhri is currently on a break in the US. Recently, her spokesperson issued a statement, which revealed that the actor has suffered “multiple injuries – torn hamstring, anterior knee ligament thinning and mild socket dislocation, along with burning of the stomach lining due to lead and arsenic poisoning”. Hence, to address her medical issues and to recuperate, Nargis decided to take a break from work. However, the 36-year-old will soon be back in town, as she has two films lined up - one with Ritiesh Deshmukh, and the other with Varun Dhawan.
The actor says she has a special connection with Varun, with whom she had worked on Main Tera Hero (2014). “If I had worked with someone is the US , and I knew that that person is new, I would try my best to make him or her comfortable. That didn’t happen here with me. But Varun is such a nice person. He never hesitated in checking on me, and saying hello every now and then. He also regularly invites me to get-togethers, etc,” says Nargis.
In fact, the actor feels that is, probably, doesn’t belong in Bollywood. “I always feel I don’t fit in…I don’t know if there are more people like me here, but I feel that I don’t belong here,” adds Nargis.
Read: Nargis Fakhri would like to work in Pakistani films
Meanwhile, the actor feels she has come a long way from her Rockstar (2011) days, and says it is your passion that drives you to do what you want. “Everyone is talented. If I can make it big here (in Bollywood), than anyone can do anything. Not that you will become successful overnight, buy you need to keep trying,” says Nargis.
Read:Not heartbreak, medical issues made Nargis Fakhri leave for New York

Post a Comment

0 Comments